Friday, October 12, 2012

Smellin' the metaphysical "roses" at tha Farm by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Smellin' the metaphysical "roses" at tha Farm by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Get ready for it.......

We had a pretty major restructuring at work last week.  Demands are getting heavier with some rather significant presentations in the near.  My escape to Whistler has resulted in larger travel commitments to meet the needs of customers (pre-trip and currently) translation....need to reboot the head.  Escaped for a quick ride at the farm.  Temp of 7 degrees with some wind did not curtail my desire to dive into the sunlight for a fall ride with trails confirming the nearing hibernation of mother nature...leaves were now heavily on the trail leading to some initial hesitation to hammer out a quick one.  This is where it got quite interesting...

My head was literally throbbing from a low grade headache that I have been experiencing for the past 2 days...every root was aggravating it but I pressed on..just at a much more mellow pace.  About 30 minutes into this much more mellow pace, I experienced something new...something I haven't felt in quite a while....There is a term for it...yeah yeah..we call it being in the "zone" or sport psych would call this "optimal arousal"...but this was different than that..with the headache disappearing..I felt no urge to ride harder or find better lines...I just felt joy...pure JOY!  No pressure, no concerns about what gear i was pressing..no stressors about this wknds presentation....Just wrapped up in the beauty of the moment.  I warned you at the beginning...get ready for it...

So i decided to capture some pics to help narrate the ride..let's see how they turned out..this one above was nearing the end of the ride and really doesn't capture the moment that occurred right up to it.  Just before crossing this water bridge the leaves went from a variety of orangy reds to a pocket of VIBRANT red.  shoulda coulda captured it..but didn't.  So...here gets the heavy..

Whistler was a trip and a half...experienced a level of fun on a meter that now has a set point "re-adjusted" for bare minimum.  Riding these local trails on my xc bike is now more of a peaceful exercise in mindfullness..I learned today that riding without emphasis on faster..harder is waaaaaay more enjoyable.  This also proves to be pretty beneficial on post ride back symptoms...sitting here typing without discomfort or that wave of fatigue that renders me kinda useless for a while.  Nothing wrong with hitting it hard once in a while..don't get me wrong but i really think it's time for me to pursue the likes of this in the near:

http://www.ktm.com/ca-en/enduro/350excfusa/highlights.html#.UHhRvq7NmHY 

I keep trying to subside this desire but.....all I can think of is opening up the garage, suiting up, and riding to cottage on the cataraqui trail...better yet...exploring Limerick Forest, Ganaraska, Calabogie....need to find a way to make this happen...come on snow....help quiet my mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment