Sunday, May 15, 2016

2 more sleeps until Strickland XC

My first year of enduro XC racing is coming to a close. Had a couple good experiences with the MINI-PINE and one of 4 XC races at Free Flow. Why only 1 of 4 you say? Well.....It appears the weather or threat of rain can result in a cancellation of an event that requires you to ride dirt bikes...odd...but I guess understandable given what I heard of the event last year that essentially turned into a mud bog. Threat of rain stopped the second attempt to run the third AND second event on the same day. The final event....we were at the cottage with friends so this now leaves Strickland XC.

I've ridden the trails a few times and ALMOST enterred the event last year on the big bore 450. This will be a gruelling 2 hour event that I am really looking forward to. Perks...wife, kids and pops will be set up to cheer me on. Always good motivation. Figure I should probably hang it out in this event. What's the worst that could happen...I hit a tree..meh..it's so tight and twisty that hitting a tree at those speeds will certainly buff out. Well now...let's see what happens. Got in a ride early, and I mean EARLY yesterday with a ripper of a rider Jake Stapelton. Wasn't aware of his pedigree until I got home and opened up my MX/Offroad mag to see his mug on the third page sharing some of his ISDE experiences.

Seems like 2016 goals have happened..a 5th then 4th in first 2 events. Let's see what happens Saturday. Plan...first lap...smooth and steady...each progressive lap...FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BrrrRRAAAAAAP!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment