Sunday, May 29, 2016

Free flow xc series rd 1

First xc event done.  Finished 4th out of 7 or 8 in my class.  Pretty low key event and perfect to try my hand st first XC experience.  Surprised myself by getting the holeshot off of the line and quickly decided it would be wise to settle down and just get a moderate lap in to feel this out.  Was settling in nicely in third place for first quarter.

Felt pretty good getting into the tight and twisty trails but went off course and watched three riders pass by me...my third quickly turned to 6th.  One fellow husky rider went down soon after and i was tailing a 601 bayside rider until the end of the first lap.  This kid was wicked quick on a crf 230...quite surprised actually..managed to get by him after the second lap entry into the woods and thats all the traffic I saw until I crossed the finish line.

Highlights...finishing 4th, hitting a tree, surviving 30 km of riding..borderline racing in 30 deg heet NOT including the humidex....dusty.

Plan...missing round two due to participating in a motionball charity event.  Will have to look at schedule but believe there may be an OO event....a but morw grueling and more competitive...wjy not ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment