Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Notable training post

Cottage weekend came and gone. Brought both bikes up to get some ride time in between putting in the steps, platform and section of dock. Managed to "hydrate" along the way as well. Found some pretty sweet trail that can provide legitimate loops for weekend training. It was super hot....so hot, I couldn't trust my high pressure rad cap readings....pulled the pin earlier just to ensure I wasn't overheating but all seemed good in the end.

My 70 year old father got about 45 minutes of riding some perfect grass track with some elevation and a little dive into some dirt double track. The gas in the 144 is definitely not getting burned fast enough...may have to drain it and start fresh.

Here's the interesting piece. I hopped on the 144 for novelty to take a lap. FIrst....holy SHIT it's LOUD and second...I can't believe how much I have to turn the throttle in comparison to the TX. Looking forward to getting the 144 on a moto track to really rrrrring it out!

Local area, Free Flow XC and moto cancelled/rescheduled this weekend's event so...looks like I'll load the bikes up and bring them to the cottage once again. Coordinated a ride with a local there who owns a significant amt of land with a pretty decent XC loop. Plan is to get the POPs all tired out with a few loops and then meet up with this guy. Should be a good one. No more events until middle of next month?!?!?!?!?!? Looking foward to Parry Sound XC. Heard it has a little bit of everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment