Saturday, July 1, 2017

Catch up entries....minimal....but entries nonetheless

So it's CANADA DAY!!

LAST weekend's XC event was rescheduled due to trail conditions so I brought both bikes up to get a couple rides in. First one was with the POPS for about 45 min-1hr just meandering around a little loop of grass track and a bit of trail. Nothing too tangible. Luckily, I met up with a local land owner who has a pretty technical and challenging XC loop. TS and I connected for one loop of about 12 k. Had a bit of a "get off" the last km which made me realize...HEY...I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and it's nearing 2 pm. Another mistake.....I borught the enduro fanny pack vs camel back and was probably pretty dehydrated. Thanked TS for the ride and headed back to recoup and EAT and DRINK!

Then...the next week was a blur...last minute work trip out East did not help the health in ANY way. Nothing in the way of cardio happened throughout the week so this morning, WOAD session it had to be. Strapped on the Garmin watch and got my neighbourhood run in through some muggy and wet conditions. Still sweating as I type this out. No riding this weekend either UNLESS....we get home in a reasonable amount of time Monday and get a ride in at a nearby track. Think it's time to activate that FREEFLOW all access track pass. 20 hrs on the Husky and still blown away at how amazing this ride is! 3 MORE WEEKS UNTIL PARRY SOUND XC!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment