Monday, August 14, 2023

Day 4 Timmins to Thessalon

 Wow. A day!

We started our ride with a road sprint for gas at Foleyet and then our first section was super tasty. The pic above was narrow double track with just the right amount of rock sand and topography. Shortly after this pic I was leading and getting immersed in the trail…..saw some shiny track ahead and chopped the throttle..engine braking and two wheel slide resulting in a high side and a buck into the woods. Soft pillow like landing and bike and me were good. Someone was looking out for me today. No damage to bike or me lol

Carry on. More gravel and some long road sections but worth it. Tested my fuel range today and learned a flashing bar on gauge means I have a good 100 k…..didn’t need to draft that fuel semi into the next gas station after all :). Still had 5 L to spare. 

Checked into this gem in Thessalon. Carolyn Beach Restaurant and Inn. Didn’t have to go far for a few cold beers and this stunning scenery

Tomorrow is another day and looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment