Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Re..*sound of scratching on turntable* CHARGED

Booyah!

Almost a WEEK since spinning any kind of crank in any manner and MAN did it feel good to get out tonight. Other than the fact I left work and didn't get rolling until about 5:45 and flatted about 25 minutes into the ride, it was a spirited and ego boosting ripper.

Decided to bring the lighting system, just in case, and an hour and 45 minutes later happy I did on my return to blackness. A little concerned about the recent "Verboten" of bikes on what are essentially gravel trails on my usual to/from detour through Lemoines point....apparently bikes are only allowed on the main, airport strip wide, trail that B-lines right through the conservation area....our tax paying money has even gone to clearly posting reflective (which looks super cool reflecting off my HID headlamp) signs at all trailheads...and I call "trailhead" in it's loosest form...MAN..IT'S GRAVEL PATHWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even care to inhale or exhale any more time and effort into that bonehead committee decision.

Ran into one of the guys responsible for building trail at CB, Todd I think his name was, and his wife. Soon after, flatted on my teenie 1.9 mosquito rear..CO2 barely filled the new tube ?!?!? and debated calling it quits about 25 min in. Glad I didn't because I was slip dippin and diving for another hour 20 later. Actually, am deciding to run even lower air pressure as a result because my well worn mosquito seemed to hook up on anything and everything without the need to Baryshnikav any of the technical climbs.

Feeling good, sippin a green tea and hoping to hook up with another gent Freitag (not sure why I feel German is suitable tonight...) for a tour of some of the new trail and then pretty mellow weather permitting road rides next week to prep for the Sept BBB.....will be EPIC!! Oh yeah stats...why not:

1 hour 41
147 avg HR....won't even bother with max...this freakin HR monitor is pissing me off....212 bpm...really?!?!??! whatever
In zone 1 hr 10 above 28 below 3 min
1167 Kcal....wolfed down a four serving sheppards pie and some recoverite....mmmmm still hungry
28.8 km
avg spd 17; max 43.4

No comments:

Post a Comment