Thursday, September 2, 2010

Beautiful Night Ride

Had a fellow who likes to night ride commit to a meeting tonight in the woods. Decided to take advantage of having an extra set of lights and mount one on the bar......WOW...that's the way to night ride...thanks Fil...good luck getting that set back :)

Took it super easy as my last ride (two days ago) surfaced some nasty in my left rhomboid/mid trap region. Put on some voodoo medicated tape a massage therapist gave me and MAN, I'm feeling pretty good. Smell a little bit like a thoroughbred but nonetheless, no sharp pains on this ride.

I LITERALLY could have rode alllll night. It was just great to be out, weaving in and out through the darkness following the beam of my 700 lumen bar light and HID nightrider headlamp. Probably the most relaxing ride I've had all season...and speaking of "season"....I'm getting the itch to get just one more race in.......thinking of committing to the Fall Hardwood 50 never ride the same trail twice race. That would be a GREAT way to end the season...play it by ear....that just might be the breaking point of a very understanding wife this season. I'm definitely looking forward to the Muskoka BBB September 25th.

I think this blog is going to dwindle as I have successfully achieved what I wanted to this season...maybe next entry I'll recap 2010 race results and "what I've learned" and develop a strategy for next years events......however......with a ski boat at the cottage next year.....may have to train for another sport alltogether :) Stats aren't impressive from a training point of view but check it out nonetheless:

1 hour 26min.....didn't hit my timer until about 5-10 min into ride
125 avg HR; 161 max.....yup...mellow
20.8 km add a couple km
avg spd 13.1; max 32.9

Plan...rain all wknd...going to the cottage...family bonding time...a few martinis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment