Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recovery ride done

AAAaaahhhh. Felt good to spin the legs. Legs were happy, heart/lungs also happy, lower back gooood, but a little muscle called the Levator scapulae on the left side decided to give me jabs anytime i decided to muscle with my left upper extremity while looking left at the same time.

Decided to take out the mountain bike as I was sitting in front of a computer most of the day watching the beautiful weather. Made my work quota, completing a report from this a.m.'s assessment so figured...let's check out the local trails, mellow style, for the potential of a night ride in the very near. I figure I should take advantage of having two sets of lights for the remainder of the week and go out with a sun on my shoulders before fil gets back and wants his Seca system back....man that was a killer system...may have to invest in one next year to augment my HID nightrider....maybe I should start buying lottery tickets or selling body parts on the black market to fund my "wants".

Recap on ride...just freakin awesome...local trailbuilders were up to something since I last rode it....all cut back...new routes...man just MINT. Quickly realized that I was out riding without notifying anyone...again...and took it super easy, especially with this little sucker punching lev scap discomfort. Feeling refreshed, I made my way out of the trail head with a grin and at almost exactly an hour I felt my ITB on the left knee and the hamstrings start to get angry...lower back thought it might join in as well.....guess this is why they call them recovery rides....stats:

1 hr 3 min....got my polar strap back...bye bye Timex..keep you for skiing/running
127 bpm avg hr...that's more like it 156 max
In zone 1 hr58 sec; below 2 min 51 s; above 4 sec......now That'S RECOVER RIDING EH MATT?
584 Kcal....soaking up some recoverite as I type
17.1 km....relaxing
avg spd 16.1 km/hr; max 37.5

Plan...check my email to see if a couple guys bit for a night ride tomorrow or Thursday and bring the bike to the cottage and see what happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment