Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pre-contemplative thoughts

Just cracked a beer after a productive day generating reports that comment of forces, frequencies and postures. Feeling a lot more comfortable with my home office scenario of late.....makes me wonder about why I choose solo events over "team" the last couple of years.....Hmmmmm

A little thought about plan of attack for prep for next wknd's 24. The body is feeling pretty tight...could be from spending hours in a static position in front of a laptop....hmm not practicing what I preach....again. The plan is to get a road ride in with Fil tomorrow night. He's jonsing for that 70 k loop out and back through Wilton...love the route and especially when there's a paceline. As i will be working from home tomorrow, the escape for a ride will be just what the good Dr. Fil ordered. This wknd is slated to be a family fest...my sister is visiting on Friday night and we are off to the folks Saturday night and my wife wants to check out a beach in Lansdowne on Sunday...I think bringing the bike TO the beach and riding HOME will be the plan for the wknd...other than that.....I'm thinking bike prep for the next wknd is par for the course.....from my experience last year.....this race RUINED me psychologically....don't remember when I craved getting on the bike....I think it was like a MONTH later...this time round should be different. Especially as we have a reunion in the muskoka's in a pimped out host's house/cottage September 25th....always a little test in nudging everyone's fitness and drinking levels...should be fun..on that note..time to "carb load" with a beverage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment