Sunday, August 22, 2010

100 K done..BRING IT HAN SOLO!!

The usual nervousness finalized my early morning decision once my youngest went down for her morning nap.....capture this moment. GOD I LOVE MY WIFE.....she has been so understanding and enabling me to get, at this point, thousands of KM of riding in this season. One more event to go and then it's time to transition into winter frame of mind...XC skiing :)

The decision was made to get 100 km in today, the dilemma was do I do it on my mountain bike to prep for next weekend or go for speed with the trusty Fondriest Mega plus....decision made to take the mountain for the specificity of training for next wknds 24 solo.

The ride was just MINT...best way to describe it. I chose to carry three bottles and a credit card, luckily, as about 10 k in I noted that I forgot gels/shots....quick bank machine and eyeballing all options for food etc on way out to Glenora Ferry. Effortless spin westward due to a nice moderate tailwind. Got to Glenorra ferry, travelled across and climbed up the hill to Lake on the Mountain for a bite and some coffee.......oasis........

Weather was on/off drizzle and as expected a mild-moderate head/cross wind the entire ride back. The keester definitely DOES not like to be in the mountain saddle for 4 plus hours..may swap it out beginning of next season for the WTB with a bit more cushhhhh.

Home, showered, recoverite, and minutes away from a beer..Stats:

Polar
1 hr 45 min - 47.6 km
Avg spd 26.9
Max spd 40.8
Timex
1 hr 47 min (bank machine stop)
In zone 26 min
Avg HR 66%....yeah that's right :)
Peak HR 83%
min HR 44%
Total Cal 1147

Ferry ride......climb up the mountain to "Lake on the Mountain"
7 min 34 sec - 2 km
avg spd 16.3, max 27

Sat on Patio, coffee and chicken pot pie......mmmmm SO tempted to have a beer...behaved

2 km back DOWN the hill

Return Ride
Polar
2 hr 53 sec
47.3 km ?!?! where was the extra 300 m? on way down
Avg spd 23.5, max 31.6
Timex
2 hour 2 min (slight adjustment to remove the MP3 from ears)
In zone 1 hour 26 min
Avg HR 72% Max86% Min 48%
1516 Cal

GRAND TOTAL issssss
98.9 km....grrrr I forgot about that when I rode it last year on the road bike.....need to lengthen
2663 Calories.....confirmed...going to get a beer.

Plan....NO riding until next wknd....maybe an easy spin on the mountain (rain all week...so road)
Have the pops come over Thursday night, watch the movie 24 solo and head out early Friday to set up camp for what I anticipate will be my best ever event to date :)

No comments:

Post a Comment