Thursday, August 12, 2010

Easy spin?? WTF wind?!?!?!?

It was ricocheting in my head all morning as I was sitting in front of a computer commenting of forces, frequencies and postures for work. Finally after feeling quite productive and ahead of schedule, I decided......I'll just do that 70 k loop at a low intensity kind of 24 hour solo pace.......does that ever really happen?? After about 5 minutes in and shifting into lower and lower gears, I was amazed to see my avg speed hovering around 38 k/hr.....hmm must be a bit of a tail wind as i wasn't even feeling like a 4 or 5/10 RPE.

That's when I realized the direction of wind...now normally Kingston has a gentle (whatever) southwestern wind and I was assuming this would be the case, hence my out westbound in what I anticipated would be a headwind, a jog north for a bit of a tailwind/cross and a return route with a combination cross/headwind. Wasn't really the case....blah blah whine whine whine..

Finished a nice little 70 k, stopped in to a Fourwinns dealer and eyeballed a sweet deal on a 17 ft boat and am about to have a shower.....hmmm 2010 with trailer for 15,999........but it ain't no Larson ;)

Stats and Plan for wknd:
2 hr 32 min
70.3 km
27.6 km/hr avg....mello
53.9 km/hr max
Avg CAD 90
Max CAD 115

Timex:
2 hr 40 min......8 min of gawking at a new boat
In Zone 1 hr 32 min
Avg HR 74%.....perrrrrfect
peak HR 87%....perrrrfect...probably caught when I was looking at the boat in the showroom :)
Min 41%
Total calories 2115....can you say...shower and beer?? after recoverite :)

Plan - as I am working from home tomorrow...will hammer in front of a computer and if the bike beckons....who am I to ignore the signs and signals??

This wknd....bring bike with me?? Naah, this wknd is about my grandmother and family..we will be having a private ceremony in Ottawa where my Grandfather and Aunt are residing. Quite honored to be the urn bearer?? Is that the proper term? And also going to perform a tradition which I am going to jump on board with as well, pass some of her ashes at the cottage.....bit of a boat ride I presume and followed up with a bit of a toast I reckon :)

2 weeks and counting until I meet face to face with my soul in the 24 hour event....am I ready?? Can you ever be??? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment