Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Month or 4 weeks in, 14 spins INDOORS

Consistency is all I have to say.. 4 other recruits, Molly, Pat, Fil, and Frank have been putting their time in with Molly and Fil being the most consistent members. Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays have been committed sessions with the sufarama and one legged drills becoming less and less painful and having me considering cranking up my tension on my Tacx trainer.

14 sessions of garage spinning and one night ride in for the "off season" and my thoughts about 2011 are starting to change....why...let me tell you....The past three years I have been ramping up my personal goals in the 8 hour and 24 hour Chico series. I've enjoyed this time and all I've learned from it to date. The problem is.........the courses, although well put together for endurance events are, well...kind of lacking in the technical throw your ass over the back of your seat kind of fun I'm looking for. Hardwood and Albion have GREAT single track and I've come to realize that the last three years I HAVEN'T BEEN RIDING IT!!!!!!! This comes from the fact that I live in Kingston....the trails are sparse. Collins bay is great....the farm...a good staple...but anything worth blogging about is a good 2 hours plus drive away.

As much as I'd love to say I'll get out to Hardwood, Durham, Albion, Copeland(yet to experience it), Kingdom Trails etc next season outside of the racing circuit....would be a stretch. This due to the fact there will be a 2009 Ebbtide 192 SE waiting to be broken in this summer, SPRING if I had my way, at the cottage. This translates into some "crosstrainining" inclusive of wakeboarding and mellow putting around the lake.....can't wait.

In reality this is how it's going down.....Tommy, Fil and myself are going to South Carolina in March/April for a solid 7 days of 100 k daily road/mountain riding....If the winter training stays like it has started and SC is a success for training, Mansfield's SPring 8 should be successful as well......this will only lead to the feeding of the obsession....should be an interesting winter/spring/SUMMER! Now for some chamomile tea and catching the last bit of my eldest daughter's new movie obsession...Mr. Frost....nighty night...another concern....my post work craving for beer has almost become obsolete.....curious......

No comments:

Post a Comment