Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deer Ridge with a Mcadoo twist by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Deer Ridge with a Mcadoo twist by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Confirmed that a ride was still a go with F-bomb in the early a.m.  Knew he would be of the mindset that he would try to rip my legs off.  It's been a while since I've ridden the Deer ridge loop and was looking forward to the rollers that presented themself.  In true Fil fashion, I arrive earlier than the 5 oclock start and see a flat tire being repaired.....also some mumbling about stopping in at Gears and Grinds to get some fuel....I've factored this kind of thing in with Fil :)

Ride started out high tempo as we had a bit of a tailwind....chilly tail wind.  Fil attacked every hill right into the first 20 k....knew I was in for a potential hammerfest...luckily...he trailed off once we hit the end of Deer Ridge loop, which enabled me to just settle in and enjoy the climbs with an appropriate amount of effort instead of 100 % max efforts...much needed but.....you know...

Overall....this dog had the day ;)  Oh yeah....really pumped with Strava as I just found out I am King of the Hill on one of these climbs....also realize that Fort Henry Hill is also a segment on strava and came in 4th...will have to rectify that NEXT time out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment