Sunday, December 30, 2012

what tha?!?!?! Aching knees???

11:32 am...already been up for 8 hours, 3 cups of coffee and a 10 k classic xc ski later.....Feeling refreshed :)

Went to local trails, Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area, at gate opening of 7:30 am after watching our Juniors put the Americans in check. Had prepped the skiis for "new snow" and temps of -11 to -15. Gauge on car before stepping in was neg 11....

I was the only one in the parking lot and was pretty pumped to have first tracks...well I quickly realized that first tracks DOWNHILLING is a little different than ungroomed and fresh poweder XC skiing...super slow but magnificent. Had it in my head that I had to do the whole perimeter of trail. Done...shovelled driveway with my oldest and am starting to fade....I think a nap is in order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment