Monday, May 15, 2017

2017 Mini pine recap



This event was a success on the level of a much needed session to learn the limits (more mine) of this new bike, 2017 TX300. The minutesleading up to it were a little hairy with my fellow minute line mates (minute 40) reporting bike issues right up until the night before. We had Cory and Kyle to line up on the line but last minute snafus had Kyle drop out and Cory and I held the line to represent on this Mothers day.

Was feeling pretty confident going in to the event but this confidence quickly waned off after the start. I was back into the old habbit of blipping a throttle that will CERTAINLY respond to the blips. 15 minutes into the event, during the first stage, I connected with a tree and bruised my ego and gave the new gal her first slightly bent rad and broken plastics...luckily the Bullet proof gen 3 guards were on otherwise.....my mini pine experience would have been a 15 minute journey.

Slowly and surely....I figured it out....consitent throttle response and grip the bike LIKE HELL with my knees...third gear was my friend and was slowly getting more and more flow and zoning in. My riding partner, Cory was in a groove and he started to get into race mode only to crash on the 3rd of 4 special stages.....that was a dicey one. I cam across him with is bike blocking trail and him on his back not looking good. Fractured femur ruled out, bike assessment finding all was good...we limped back to the end of this stage. This incident soaked up 19 minutes in this stage and subsequently kept us from placing well. Lesson learned?

THE MINI PINE IS ABOUT SMOOTH AND CONSISTENT....NO NEED TO RACE TO PLACE WELL

Now that I understand this event is truly JUST about the timings in special stages...NEXT year will be approached differently. All in all, great ride and felt way more confident on this bike after the 3 plus hours I was able to grip, rip and roll on this thing. If results are accurate, placed 16th out of 20 showing in my category. I bumped up to Vet B from Vet C this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment