Tuesday, August 16, 2011

100 k ?

I don't usually blog BEFORE I ride BUT, the nerves this year are starting to creep in for the following reason....I checked the entries for this years HANSOLO and found there are only two names of a potential 16 that have enterred and done reasonably well in the 24 hour solo category. This also doesn't factor in that these 16 names may also be in the above 40 vs below 40 category. SO.....this means we either have a lot of newbies that have decided they want to try a 24 hr solo for the first time in three years (yeah I checked results/names over past three years). I also looked for these names in all of the 8 hour solo event over the past three years....new names. So, either these guys are coming in with Alias' or the previous winners have decided to challenge themselves in other sports/disciplines. I think this translates into my expected 15 plus laps as a potential contender for.......greatness...let's leave it there.

Quiet work week which translates into massive email blitz and ability to get out for a ride today...plan....mellow out and back to Picton. First step....get the wife and kids out for the day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment