Tuesday, August 16, 2011

95 Km...hate it when that happens


Century rides are now feeling a bit more like regular rides. A good sign for 24 hr prep. What drives me nuts is when I return from a ride with 5 k shy of a 100 k!!

My route was essentially a straight shoot from house (point A) to a restaurant at Lake on the Mountain (point B) and return after ingesting some yummy cuisine. A ferry ride also adds a little character to the route.

Road pretty much flat...made every effort to just ENJOY the ride and it must have been a sign because NOW my TIMEX HR monitor is on the fritz...I say enough with tracking this measure....the universe is telling me to just riiiiiide. Ride I did. Came across an interesting site:

Could this have been a cyclist injecting steroids mid ride? My guess is most likely the darker side of things.....will now make it standard for kids to wear shoes in playgrounds...NO DISCUSSION..



Pretty tired. Stats:
3 hr 24 min
95 k
avg speed 27.9; max 51.5
avg Cad 89; max 102

Pretty happy with response to longer rides lately....may just get a couple mellow night rides in to fine tune the "night vision" and chill for the week up to the event..

No comments:

Post a Comment