Monday, August 14, 2017

Anthill Classic 2017 7th place

Didn't realize how much this race beat me up until the morning after......

To start. I live in Kingston. This event is a solid 4.5 hrs travel away. Next weekend's event is also another 4.5-5 hrs away. Doesn't make it easy but it's amazing what a "junkie" will do to get their fix :)

Recap. Proper rest and hydration was there...kinda...hydration on point. Full believer in pedialyte morning of race and will keep that protocol in place. This race was a little unique in two aspects. 1. The start was Pro class all the way through staggererd in same time frame and 2. the lap was a monster 27 km. In reflection..never did I once say WHEN THE HELL IS THIS LAP OVER? The course wound and weaved to get you to lose all frame of reference where one was. Other than a couple slippery sections, I really did enjoy this event.

Start wasn't as strong as I could have made it. Launched into the first woods section into 4th place off of the line and held onto 7th both times as I went through the timing tent. I'll call this one a success. NO serious wipeouts...seemed to be the major topic post race...and had LOTS of energy left in the tank. I felt SO good actually, that I was hoping for another lap!!! A good marker of my hydration protocol and seat time as well as riding within my limits.

Nothing really remarkable or noteworthy to comment on this race, other than the fact I have come to realize I need to get more comfortable in the snotty muddy terrain. There's really only one way to do this..I need to ride Calabogie more to get more technical mud time.

Haven't seen where this places me in the overall points but anticipate I will be moving up one or two spots from 5th...tba. UPDATE..appears I did move up to 4th with 1 pt separating me from third OVERALL....interesting....motivation is building now for the next event!!

Decided to post this pic to show...actually CAPTURE what the feeling is when I am in this zone(see if link works)....It's a powerful drug....and I am looking forward to my next fix next weekend at Wingham XC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment