Monday, August 21, 2017

Gully Mor XC Vet B 4th place

WHAT A RACE!!! Feeling a taad groggy from yesterday's race and 5 hours of travel to get back from Gully Mor XC but well worth it for the experience!

Temperature and humidity were high, as per the norm with these events so far this year, and the 8.6 km track and trail were freaky fast. Nothing that would beat ya up and loads of space for passing. Managed to get the hole shot (that's 2 out of 4 this year ;) and held first place going into the "woods" again. Managed to frustrate the pack behind me just before getting into the woods because I forgot I was wearing my GOPRO and hadn't turned it on hahahahaha...I was passed almost immediately after that by the guy who eventually came in second place. Trails were just so much fun to ride that I was in my seat vs standing for about 90% of the race! The second area where I was passed came when I got hung up behind this maniac who enters these events on an old school CR 500! It happend so quick. First place dude and 3rd place dude passed me and I never saw them again.

Held 4th place for the remainder of the 8 total laps.

Timing tent through the transition.......so.......I pass through after first lap and it is placing me in third. Thought...huh...that's cool...let's see how this plays out and kept a steady pace for the next lap and then see SECOND PLACE?!?!?!? Thinking WTF...did one of the fast guys DNF?? Unfortunately, for the rest of the race it was showing me as second place when in reality I came in 4th. There was some troubleshoot with two racer's transponders. Oh well.....at least I got to "Feel" what it would have thought to get second hahahah. I would't have done a single thing differently...actually...waitaminute...this is my new thought.

I will get a pretty decent groove in these races and come across a rider that is riding pretty smooth as well. My mistake here that can definitely help me make up time is that, instead of pacing and sitting on their rear, I should pass these riders...when difference between 4th and 1st is a few minutes...this is what I would need to do to get closer to podium.

My next thoughts....I believe I am 3rd overall in series points now from 4th. The next event is located in the same region a.k.a MONSTER drive to/from. I have neglected the family to enter these 4 events this summer now and I am heavily weighing in on whether it's worth my time to attend the next one or pass and participate in the last two events that are close to home....thoughts to ponder....

No comments:

Post a Comment