Friday, August 11, 2017

Anthill Classic weekend pre race reflections

Race # 3 this coming Sunday. 5 hour drive to get to event and staying overnight in Waterloo tomorrow. Realizing the committment to attend ALL of these events does encroach on family weekend time and cogniscant of this fact as I am sitting at home, alone, as wife and kids are en route to the family cottage to enjoy a weekend with their cousins. I'm making tough calls this summer to do what I had set out to do and that was to go ALL IN for a season of Vet B XC racing and I'm staying course. Speaking of course......

One of my biggest competitors in this group has a bit of an advantage this weekend as it's his home course/club. He has also had a hand in prepping the course as well. Knowing this I have a few strategies....will see which one I will play out after the start.

This course is supposed to be flat and fast. Will certainly crack a cold one tonight and stream a youtube vid of someone who posted their laps at last year's event to get a good grasp. All I know is that it is a 26 k loop with all classes starting staggered at same time. There is not am and pm event. This should be pretty cool as the Pro's and Experts and super fast guys should lap me later in event. Will be wild to see some of these guys rip by.

Hotel is one of the better ones I have booked so will do my best to behave and get a good meal and proper sleep. Looking forward to posting some positive results. Who's kidding who....I'm going for the TOP STEP!!!! Smooth and consistent is my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment