Tuesday, June 14, 2011

slowly......slowly....it's happening

I've spent a lot of time twisting caps and sitting on my keester for the last 4 wks. Enough was enough.....after spending 5 hours of driving with work today, it was time to break the seal of being somewhat sedentary. I am fully aware of my tendencies to perform "all or nothing" kinds of approaches and when I changed into my running gear, I was fully aware that I wasn't going to be happy with a quick 5 km.

Weather was mint...no other word describes it as well.....MINT. Nice breeze with picture blue sky and sun. Plugged in to the tunes and listened to the # of km's counted through my BB app. When 10 km was announced by the melodic voice that slightly mutes my music.... a smile came over my face and my pace quickened. It wasn't until I changed from a jog to a walk that I knew.....tomorrow.....the legs will be feeling this rather unatural form of exercise for me. I'm a cyclist after all.....not a runner...stats:

11.9 km
1 hr 18 min
In zone 36 min
avg HR 145 bpm; max 172
total calories 1096

Sufficiently fatigued and looking forward to pouring a rather hefty glass of Jester Shiraz to celebrate our 8 yr wedding anniversary. We've been together for 14....that is a "wow" moment if I ever had one........WOAH, more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment