Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tip toe through the Ivy........

Wow what a week. I've committed myself to some beaucoup road time with work..decided to make the most of it and hook up with some o tha boyzzzz for a rip through Durham forest last night (Tuesday). Eventually got there.....and connected with the one and only: Jay Z, JC, Tommy H, Dr. Fil a.k.a "F-Bomb", Marky Mark, and monsier Elphik

Now let's shine some perspective on this performance....not one of these guys has a dial that can keep tempo at the low end of the spectruum. Also, factor in the riding was being done on some of the MOST flowy trail I have EVER RIDDEN. This made for a good big ole can o SUFFERAMMA!!

I quickly found that out of the gate, getting a full inhale wasn't going to be possible due to the aftermath of not sticking an aggressive slalom sidecut at 30 mph last wknd.....ribs were a taaaad tendah. Already at a disadvantage..sitting on me arse all day for work and then battling traffic for almost 2 HOURS was not good for the psyche....running on no fuel except the second wrap at 2:30 with some signs of dehydration.....annnnnnd being off of the bike for a good solid 5 weeks really didn't help either. No easy way to accept it......I was the slowest guy out there and it dug deeeeeeeeeeeeep into my psyche.

FUN was an understatement. The boys were in true form and what I wouldn't give to be someone on trail watching/hearing us yippin and yammerin as we literally HAMMERED for just shy of 30 k and just shy of 2 hours. End result.....keep my mt. bike in van on durham region visits in anticipation of recreating this tsunami of a solstice celebration. Only pitfall...chose to drive home vs stay in stouville....eeeggh...home at 12:30 in a.m to get up for travel BACK to Lindsay at 6 am...It's my fault....some choices are good...and some.....not so good:)

So today....ribs sore...confirming fact that I have something going on there...shoulder....goooood. July 23 is less than a month away which means more training to prep now that all looks good..will monitor ribs though...take so long to heal.

Plan. Will bring bike with work committments and enable a ride saturday aft in Hardwood....ride as long as I can...sleep prior to driving back home and prep for a good sunday with fam.

Oh yeah...tommy...if you are checkin in on this post....you are a machine man.....and I DO expect a podium at the 8 on the 23 my man ;)) with what I saw....it's a GIVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment