Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Tide is a TURNING!!!!!!

Just got back from xmas vacation at the Inlaws in New Brunswick. A sleepy, cozy little town of Saint George was blanketed in snow upon our arrival and stayed with us throughout. Got a KOBO for christmas, compliments of my wife, and decided to download a book, "Another Year Younger"

Began reading this due to a recommendation from one of the parents at my daughter's gymnastics class. This couple is our age so.....figured, I'd check it out. First thought....I am either getting the "jump" on a serious concern facing 40, 50, and 60 year olds....OR....this is not for me. After a quick number of finger presses (contempory page turning), motivation swept through my soul :) Geared up and went for a super cold, slippery, and hilly run around Saint George on boxing day. DOMS was residual until this morning when I decided to hit it again :)

Minus 16, winds calm, and sun still beneath horizon at 7:15. Hopped in the van and drove out to my newly found sanctuary/Lemoines Point. Froze my bal&$ off.....literally, but 5 plus k done and the process has begun. What process you may ask.....to get in the best or better shape of MY LIFE!!!!!

New goals....drum rolllll.....cardio 4 times a week inclusive of spinning, time at the gym watching TV on elliptical etc and 2 to 3 times a week strength training. No more F'in around. I came to the realization and solid conclusion this morning.......if I had continued my strength training over the past 2 years...this over the bars instance would not have resulted in my shoulder injury...so new goal...prepare my body and mind for future attempts at the Universe to F me UP!!! I will choose to win this battle ;)

Off to Scarborough........won't bother with stats as number of entries/workouts will be more important a.k.a consistency at this stage of the game....aww whatever:

5 plus k
37 min.....brrrrr cold
In Zone 4 min; avg HR 137; peak 163; min 67
464 Cal
recovery....like this......161 bpm to 111 bpm within 3 min....hmmmm a 50 bpm recovery is......GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment