Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A nice tour of Durham Forest compliments of Monsieur Hanrahan

Untitled by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

I love it when things, "work out". Managed to meet a client in Colbourne, provide training at Rouge Valley, and perform a sling assessment in Whitby all in one day...it was time to reward this good behaviour with a ride in Durham forest. My initial plan was to load up a gpx file and see where it took me and then it happened...Tommy H indicates he was free to meet me for a ride.

I first met Tom in like.....2003 i think...A buddy and I linked up with this guy and the righteous Mark Pompillio for a harmless little weekend mountain bike trip in Collingwood. This was the day before I analyzed me HR data and total vertical after each ride. We climbed craigleith (sp?!) as a beginning to the adventure and meandered along the Bruce trail for hours that included some pretty hairy sections..truly exploring. This ride also included us riding TO 3 stages resulting in all of us out of water and begging guys returning from their rides for their left overs...great riding was had..why the intro...at this time Tom was riding an old Canondale Super V as his Gary Fisher was in the shop..his fitness at this time was...well...limited by a few variables ;)..every year this guy has been getting smoother and faster with yesterday truly resulting in an "unveiling".

He arrived with his Misfit rigid SS. No other way to explain it....he's officially LEAN AND MEAN!!! This resulted in a rip roaring ride of some of the most flowy trail I have ever rode...I love Durham Forest!

SIde effect...don't get home from one of these link ups till 10 pm.....makes for a long day but well worth it. Travel day once again...bike staying home..plan is to pick up my "pass" for the local trails at the Farm in Glenburnie tomorrow and see what the buzz is about with the new trails that have been built.

No comments:

Post a Comment