Saturday, June 9, 2012

Perfect training loop by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Perfect training loop by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

A morning garage sale followed by a "celebration day" was abruptly changed when wife asked........"are you coming"...like I had a choice....took advantage of this choice by stating...nope....Geared up and decided to ride out to farm and loop the trails there and return.  Wasn't sure re fuel as I seemed to remember it was a 50 k loop...decided to pack some oreos and a muffin from leftovers from Golf friday, fill up a couple bottles with Perpetuum and off we go!

Legs and lungs were feeling waaaaaaay to good...sure enough a tail wind....Legs were feeling good in trails....waaaaay to good.  A lot of out of the saddle riding smoothed out the ruts from these trails.  Looks like Strava has some pretty good entries with Kyle Sangers (World Cup DH'r) and Evan McNeeley (World Under 23 XC)....appears my ability to get 1st place on these segments will be.......a challenge.....just shy of 10 sec from Kyle........DAMN you STRAVA....this is such a great training tool.  Riding the trails today kept me hammering in the back loops all the while trying to close in on Evan.....not sure this old guy will manage to improve my time enough to contend against these whipper snappers but......we'll see.

A good ride and have decided to make this a perfect "training loop"...now to recruit some recruits to ride it with me ;)

Almost forgot...Kudos to Mark Dwyer of TI cycle for planting the seed in my head to move my cleats more rearward in my placement. Had some concerns re: "tired feet" after 2-3 hour rides and had a discussion with him in his shop the other day.......go see this guy for any fitting related challenge you may have.....trust me......you won't be disappointed ;) This new placement was like adding a cold air induction on a V-tech engine......can't quite put my finger on WHY the climbs felt so dang good but think this may have made an impact.will do same with road shoes and giver tomorrow with some hill repeats..some time in the day....wifey gets priority for her workout time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment