Saturday, July 10, 2010

Concerned about riding in heat???

Playing it low key this wknd..Washed both cars, weeded the side and back gardens, hung out with the kiddies for a bit and then began to get antsy. Was planning on going for an early morning road bike but the insistent puttering around in the a.m. brought me to noon before I knew it. 30 degrees reading from the car made me retreat to the woods for a little mountain bike spin.

I was trying to retrace the tour that these guys brought me on last Thursday, but missed the crucial turn. Had some fun meandering in and around random trails and favourite loops to the tunes of Oasis...gooood head space. Heat was starting to affect me, knocking trees that I normally don't and losing some momentum on technical climbs that I usually fly up...was finding it also hard to drink...am going to bite the bullet and buy another camel back bladder for these training rides..one litre just isn't enough for an hour and a half ride anymore....

I popped out of the woods after meeting with a fellow rider who was just entering the trails and decided to ride north to the local BMX track...no kids on this track????? This is a beautiful pro grade track that held Nationals last summer.....weird there weren't any kids ripping it up? Considered parking and watching some of the soccer tourny that was going on, but decided I'd keep on riding and head home.

Got home and felt weird and dizzy again.....sat and observed the amount of sweat that was pouring out of my body......drank the last bit of perpetuum in my now luke warm/hot water bottle and headed in for a cool shower. BBQ lit, finish this blog, grab a beer and chill with the familia....a little movie with the wife tonight, go to wife's work summer party tomorrow and rip with Fil on a road ride in evening.....makings of a great wknd. Stats:

1 hr: 25 min
159 avg; 181 bpm max
In zone 27; above 57 min....HOT HOT HOT
1151 KCal
24.8 km
Avg spd 17.4; max 40.1

Can't wait for Pennsylvania trip...sneaking in some mountain biking with trails less than 30 min away from Easton...novelty will be just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment