Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Love the Cottage

Even though we weren't able to get away until later Friday afternoon due to daycare for kids, wife taking off thursday and working Friday, it was golden once I packed the road bike on the roof of the "Family Car"....love that thing and headed out to the cottage.

Fil and his sister were coming this wknd with bikes so I was looking forward to being a tour guide of some of the magical loops around Pert, Lombardy and Smiths Falls. They arrived Saturday with our goal to go for a mellow ride...well one beer led to another, comments about the wind ~40-50 km/hr..and the plan quickly changed to Fil and I ripping a quick early Sunday morning ride...my preference anyways ;)

A RIIIIIPP it was...other than some dry eyes and a verge of a headache, we woke at 6:30, fired some breakfast in our bellies and headed out to Lombardy. The route was pretty sweet. We headed across Hwy 15 to a the eastbound Hwy 1 which connected, eventually to Hwy 29. I made a quick adjustment to the angle of the bars on the trusty Fondriest and the legs, which were feeling more like turbo diesel engines, were feeling smooth and loose. After about 30 Km in I could tell fil was feeling it with our 3 km alternating pace lines....he should have considering we were ripping at 38-40 km/hr. We connected with a back road which led us back to 15, travelled about 3 k south on 15 and made our way Eastbound on Hwy 1 to Perth.

Perth....let me just say this is a perfect destination for a mid ride break..We arrived at this park, that is just majical....across from this old mill that contains a restaurant called Fiddleheads...s to the weeet..dunked our heads in the stream, did some strange yoga stretches which I'm sure entertained the tourists and mounted our bikes for the last 17 k back.

Let me also say Perpetuum cafe Latte.....goooooood. My legs were feeling amazing and I was watching us rip along at 40 plus km/hr...Fil was hurting and starting to bonk which enabled me to get comfy with high cadence spinning...all in all 70 k in the big ring with the following stats...not bad ;)

Exe time 2 hr: 14 min, 48 sec; Ride time 2 hr: 14 min, 40 sec
153 avg and 209....yeah BABY 209 bpm max..last push of remaining 5 k's felt gooood
"In zone" 1 hr 13 min; above 1 hr 1 min
1693 Kcal.....still hungry at 8:40 tonight
70 plus k....first couple of km forgot to reset my cs to road bike mode
Avg spd 30.3
50.2 max
avg Cad 92; max 107

Well now...here's the plan ;)......wife no longer has Monday and Wednesday night classes....will be getting 3 days a week of mt/road riding in and a Long 4 plus hour ride, maybe Glenora and back (100 k) ride on the weekend. Next week in Pennsylvania so researching the area will determine if I bring road or mountain...........I could bring both ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment