Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hatha Biking...wheeew

Tonight's ride was off to a rocky start as my wife came home and asked if I could "delay" the ride as our oldest had to go to a walk in clinic to address another ear infection....one hour later and light slowly disappearing....little did I know, my riding buddy could have quite easily called in a prescription for her symptoms as HE IS AN ER DOC!!!!!!! lesson learned....we now have a plan for next time ;)

We loaded the bikes on Fil's car to save time vs ride to trails and I mounted my lighting system not knowing how much light would be available. Well hydrated during the wait period for wife to come home we were ready to rip. Came across one of the local trail builders Shaun Weima and then emerging from the brush like some fateful event.. another guy who is responsible for some of the local trails..."Todd". This led to a hallucinogenic mind blowing technical flowy ride of ONCE AGAIN NEW terrain. Only an hour and 10 minutes of riding but it was RIPPIN'!!!

One over the bars experience by myself and Fil led for some fun air time and some great practice at unclipping in mid flight :) MAN, I'm still on a high from that ride...looking forward to hooking up with these guys again!!! I'm sure my truing stand will get some use after this ride.

Stats:
1 hr; 10 min
156 avg, 181bpm max
in zone 28 min; above 41 min
922KCal
15.2 km....just enough in this heat :)
13.2 avg spd; 37 max

Plan...wife has been pretty accomodating for rides the past few days so....family time tomorrow night and looong road or mountain ride saturday/sunday...and prep for trip to PA next week with a Tuesday ride :)

2 comments:

  1. "hallucinogenic mind blowing technical flowy ride"
    Okay...you had my attention at halluciongenic. I'm gonna have to get out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy...Fil and I were flaunting with the idea of surf and turf BBB...Road AND Mountain. I'm riding with him tomorrow night...we're going to talk plans....

    ReplyDelete