Friday, July 2, 2010

Training session???? Kind a....

Wife got up her usual early 5 am and a little groggy realized, I had the day off. My wheels were turning since last night about the entry into the Hardwood Summer 8....here's the deal...last year I entered the spring, summer, local 8, and both 24's. The wife tolerated this but has put a bit of a kaibosch on things this year...something about having to socialize...blah blah blah.

Well, made the decision, for my sanity, to enroll in the Hardwood 8 to make up for my mediocre efforts in the last 24....not even CLOSE to enough suffering. It feels so good when you know there is only a couple of weeks until an event...next year...one a month ;)

So, wife is at work and i have both munchkins...loaded them up in the bike stroller and attached it to my retro Peugot equipped with shimano 105 with suicide shifters on the downtube. Took the kids to every park in the neighbourhood and kept fielding my oldest's question, "daddy, why are we going this way, with a quick....we're just going for a tour..which was just an excuse to get at least SOME consecutive spinning time. Ended up making a trip to macdonald's fed them with some pancakes, more like fed myself with pancakes and watched them rip around in the air conditioned play structure. Ride home was one step away from full bore down in the drops...heheh, I'm pretty sure I was exceeded the "recommended" speed limit of the stroller but, common sense prevailed as things were stable.

All in all, I estimate about an hour of consecutive spinning...legs actually feel it. Meeting up with Fil and his sister at the cottage, doing a little road loop tomorrow afternoon and will have wife drop me off en route to our return home to get some saddle time in. Mountain as many days as wife will tolerate with next weeked being a potential travel for some new trail. Looking forward to this summer 8.....A LOT...I love Hardwood 10 k loops...so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment