Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cold..Miserable....Wet ride :(

So, a little reality check. I thought after 5 solid days of road and 2 mountain rides in SC I'd be bullet proof right?? Well, turns out that isn't the case. I haven't increased my overall average speed and explosive power, or have I. Today DEFINITELY wasn't the day to evaluate THAT. What happened you ask...let me tell you..

Work was going smoothly....so smoothly that I ran out of things to do, productively, by noon. So, looked outside and decided it was a good opportunity to get a ride in. Headed out and tried to size out the clouds etc for wind/rain blah blah. Decided that I'd prep for a cold and wet one. Had a 90 k route planned, thinking I could handle this after SC...bike felt good under the feet and then it happened..Undecided weather changing from spitting rain to full on rain to NO RAIN and SUN. This translated to overheating to COLD to OVERHEATING. After stripping the rain jacket off for the third time I said F*&%^ it and kept it on for the remainder.

I chose a beauty route that essentially travels West along Bath Road and then right at Millhaven towards Cambden East, right at Cambden and then South along County road 6. Normally, I'd turn left towards Wilton and then meander back through 38, Unity, and Westbrook, but body and mind decided against when I reached the point of no return where it would be a 70 or 90 k ride...opted for the 70. T-spine still feeling it. I need to book a massage. Anyways heres the stats:

Timex:2 hr 41 min
avg HR 147, Peak 174
total Cal 2304

Polar:
68.3 km
26.3 avg spd
50.1 max spd
avg CAD 91
max CAD 104

Plan...ride with Molly tomorrow...clean my bike first though..it's a MESS

No comments:

Post a Comment