Saturday, April 2, 2011

SC training camp summary

Well....what a trip. I was one of four individuals looking to capitalize on the smooth roads, warm temps, and terrain of South Carolina to get the jump on the season. Everything, except temp, was the case. We awoke to mornings of consistent fog and sub 10 degree temps to clip into our trusty road bikes for 5 of 7 road rides that consisted of over 400 k of climbs, attacks, and challenges of personal fitness levels.

Two Mt. Bike sessions were also done successfully which resulted in some eye opening climbs and descents of Dupont and Pisgah state forests. All in all......sleep was plentiful, food was considered above grade ( compliments to Fil) and climbing was far greater than expected.

The real question........how was my fitness? I think I did "ok"......;)

Great things are expected from this seasons as a result ;)

Plan......family wknd and recovery as we drove straight through last night. Clean up the bikes and get a road ride in on Monday. Btw.....fell in love with the road bike this trip.......may have to look into upgrading to a full carbon ride NEXT season. Oh yes....this will also be dependent on how well I do this season....if as well as I think.....full carbon cervelo is the LEAST I could do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment