Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Ride, sweet, but unnecessarily tough :)

Having a hard time coordinating time to go for rides with weather, kids in gymnastics/skating, and work demands. Fil poked and I responded with the proposal of a dawn ride yesterday. 6:30 am...still dark...7 am Fil arrives and we are off. What was supposed to be a quick out and back turned into a nice loop west, north, east and return through town to get 70 k in. Forgot how the body quickly loses conditioning as the ability to keep a 30 k/hr pace was just plain fatiguing, in a good way. Realize that after this season, I welcome the out of the saddle burning now knowing worst case scenario is a cramp....cramps can be dealt with ;) I forgot to mention, a welcomed flat rear tire interrupted the building tempo that was growing as the sun was warming out legs..pretty happy it was a slow leak vs a blow out as I noticed some squishy feeling as I was climbing the hill just south of Glenburnie. Fil on his macked out R3 generally pushes me on every hill now with that rocket of a carbon rig, but this climb seemed a tad harder to keep up..a couple of km's of flats and then a right turn down Kingston Mills...a full blown narrow grip of bars and forward thrust of chin over the front wheel resulted in 60 k/hr.......about 2 k later, a rear tire change...quite happy I don't have any further story to share about THAT one.

I brought a CO2 dispenser and a tube, but no C02 or tire iron...now normally Fil would be equipped with NOTHING. But there is a new Fil, every since he's invested about 20 grand in bikes this season...he had a 16 oz C02 and tire iron...all was good and we rolled on ;) Was pretty wiped for remainder of day, lots of driving to from Cobourg and inbetween....hit the hay early and recharged.

No stats as my freakin polar is kaput...no more excuses....a garmin for next season fo shore. Plan for today, squeeze in a trail jog vs run throughout the day. Sit in front of a laptop and keep plugged in to my BB to continue with this employment that keeps me smiling on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment