Monday, October 10, 2011

Running on actual Trail with HILLS :)



Arrived to the Sistahs place Friday night and Saturday morning was shaping to be an absolute beauty. Brooklin, north of Whitby, is an absolute gem of a location for play. It appears they are close to durham forest, mosport, and a couple little ski hills....looks about right for play ;) I got all "yeti'd" up, as my sister described my new color coordinated workout look, and headed out to run some hills at Dagmar ski resort. I recall riding these trails on my mountain bike years ago and recall LOTS of up and down.

Arrived in minutes...less than 10 k away from her door, realized that I'm overdressed and would be sweating my ba*&% off, hid my keys in the long grass, hit the "start" button on my endomondo tracking BB software and off I went. The sun was super soothing and hot. Had no idea where I would go, but that's the beauty of GPS tracking with audio coaching on. The virtual coach counts off the km's 1 by 1 also indicating my average speed per km....pretty sweet.

I saw a sign for XC skiing trails which quickly appeared to be a better choice given my relatively few runs under my belt than sprinting up and down a ski hill.....The trail was wiiiiiide and the grass was super dewy and about 10" tall...translation, soaker in about 10 minutes in. Great run wih some big climbs. Returned, walked downtown with the crew and back...nap became inevitable ;)

Sunday was planning to night ride...body tired...may have had something to do with wine and beer during the Toronto-Ottawa game...Monday is here and first cup of coffee going down quickly, eyes opening..road ride scheduled with Fil for 2 pm.

Leave for Stowe Friday afternoon for a quick Saturday/Sunday surf and turf road/mt riding...why?....why not ;) Stats for run are pretty interesting..confirms there was some actual climbing here:

5.07 km
38 mins
avg spd 7.39 km
fastest km 6 min 34 s/slowest 9 min 19 sec

Almost forgot...end of run..sun beating down, sweating like a mofo..the sound of some kind of fuel injected machine at redline, and climbing, very fast Northbound on lakeridge road...what was this...must be a motorcyle...waiting...waiting..a blue Lamborghini screaming in the left lane..lets off on accelerator and horrible sounds ensued from an engine that was pleading for an upshift...the people that are able to get behind these wheels....I didn't think much of it until I got onto the road and made a right turn. The road this idiot was wide open in a Lamborghini was a full on blind hill..this dude was one car away from being a statistic!?!?!?!? Must have had a spotter car ahead because if not...a pure suicide mission!! Hang on....now that I recall...if I didn't take the 20 seconds to snap this photo (above), I would have been helping this guy become a statistic as I would have been in THAT left hand lane.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment