Sunday, October 30, 2011

A ride blog entry.....Finally?

A week went by and no quality time spent on the bike..actually...I don't think I've even swung a leg over a bike since coming back from Stowe?!?! It's that time of year....chilly, a trick to dress properly for a road ride...leafy, trails that were once etched in my deep psyche now a guessing game......and the thoughts of new sports to keep me wishing for different conditions. Yup, we're talking SNOW!!

I used to ski and longed for the opportunity to load up a car full of buddies and rip ANY ski hill....why has that gone to the wayside?!?!? Last couple of years has opened up the realm of XC skiing..I'm fully equipped to take advantage of those pristine moments this winter fo shore! It's time to season this winter out with some Downhilling. Wife and I both have skiis collecting dust in the basement...time to dust these puppies off and get back to basics of livin'.

SO!..goals are a taaaaad different now. Weather dependent.....get both kids shredding on some downhill skiis and introduce them to xc and snowshoeing. Have to get away with the wifey for at least ONE wknd of skiing..don't care where ;)

Spinning in the garage is really getting harder and harder to think of as an option this winter.......I'll think it over November

Oh yeah, rode my mountain bike today, it was fun, I was tentative due to conditions and this deeply seeded concern of racking up the right shoulder with a fall...need to hit the gym to instill some......confidence again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment