Monday, October 3, 2011

Let the transition.............BEGIN



The transformation from cyclist to runner/jogger/can't wait for snow to transition to xc skiier/downhilling on occasion......has begun. No idea how long this novelty will last, however, from today's experience, a good stable pyramid of hope and expectation driven by an extremely pleasureable 35 minutes of trail "running".

The epiphany came to me last week. I needed something quicker than a 2-4 hour ride that would be more consistent to perform regardless of weather. Remember...not getting paid to ride a bike so.....will continue to get those indoor spin sessions i, probably as soon as November but, in the meantime.....taking on trail running vs suburbia pounding of the pavement is looking promising.

My gadget driven desire has me looking at alternatives to tracking my runs now. I'll give the BB another chance. Something about running with that bulky and heavy piece of machinery takes the FREEDOM of trail running out to the equation.....however.....hearing my avg pace and seeing the distance and driving to better my time is.....too enticing NOT to. So hear goes. New passion...lots of trail yet to be RUN. THis should make the local bike trails a bit more beefyas my regular route of 30 k will definitely be altered to accomodate the pounding aspect of controlled high speed falling attempts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment