Monday, March 5, 2012

Winter...Summer...WHEELS ARRIVED!!!

My Mavic Ksyrium Equipe's arrived via Canada Post today...always exciting. Will take pics of the new goods this wknd when I get a few seconds to make this happen. No time to play with them though as feeding kids and getting ready for hockey takes precedent. Workout this morning was pretty routine with a 40 minute run on treadmill while catching up on TSN bulletins and then meander over to squat rack and hamstring curls.

Feeling pretty solid with squats now. Warming up with 130lb for a slow 10 reps, holding at 90 degrees for a good 1-2 second before exploding up. Another set with 140 and third with 150 and finally returing to original for reps till failure...failure in that, without a spot, the last rep I felt I could get back to standing without being a scene failing to complete the rep ;) Given I weigh 155....need to get that squat weight up to 160 for reps...will choose to stay at this weight and focus on super slow eccentrics, static hold at end range and then explosive concentrics. Will bump this weight up next week...recalling the university years where I was squattting 205 for reps....

Getting closer to making a committment to the season. The question still stands...only event registered so far is the SS in a group. Need a good long road ride to make up my mind I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment