Friday, July 6, 2012

Used my Granny in the GANNY - Freakin HOT HOT HOT by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Used my Granny in the GANNY - Freakin HOT HOT HOT by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

So if it wasn't enough to chase Tommy earlier in the week throughout Durham...I had a new found nemesis in Ganaraska...HEAT AND ENERGY SUCKING SAND!!!!!

Brought bike with and on way home popped into Ganaraska for a quick rip.  Plan was to flow the 30 k IMBA trail, however..........once I reached the "point of no return" I decided to follow the 15 k route for a couple of reasons...no sleep last night....temperatures of 36 degrees WITHOUT humidex....only water in my camelback and a miniscule amt of perpetuum in my waterbottle AND this was the first time I have ventured solo out in these woods since last years Dirty Enduro.

The climbs were soooo beauty and the decents so amazing.  My choice to continually add air to my suspension has finally gone from positive to negative and forgetting my shock pump had to stick out the rocky ride throughout..lesson learned...when it feels dialed in....it IS..don't mess with it.

Looking at stats...could see that I was pretty conservative and for good reason....no one else out on trails and bloody hot.  Home now and catching up on some finalities before I call it a weekend.  Plan....was going to bring road bike and ride back from Belleville after a pool party at friends Saturday...just shy of 90 k....think this is a good idea...will bring road bike and assess head and situation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment