Wednesday, August 15, 2012

6 plus km away from "The perfect loop" by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

6 plus km away from "The perfect loop" by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Had an idea that this might be a bit of a rippah so attempted to get a quick 45 min nap in before "the event"...juuuuuust as I was drifting off into that peaceful pre-ride restful sleep....Ding Dong...DING DONG....yup, so much for that nap as My pops decided to pop in, cat burglar like, through the back door to drop off an old playpen.  Oh well...laying down for a tour was helpful.

Met up with a fairly large group for the regular wednesday ride.  I was there like 30 min early...as usual...a bit of socializing and we were off.  Pace was super mello for first 10 k...saw Fil's not so courteous passing of riders after about 3 k in....not sure what the night was going to bring and then it happened.  Rob Sangers Pulls in to the ridge loop with some gusto...I did my best to hang but heard Francois Beaupre on my rear so let him take up the chase...resulted in some great tempo slip dip n diving through the woods.

One fairly scary and sketchy moment though...a pretty quick double track downhill with a bit of a kicker of a jump at the bottom resulted in a pretty spectacular over the bars wipe out from a guy called Sheldon.  Rob hammered it first and I was really looking to hold his wheel but this Sheldon guy followed suite in front of me....I did recall him saying something about doing some mt bike racing earlier in ride, so when I saw him look back...I let it fly and considered passsing him...but...being the courteous guy I am...hung on his wheel..He was coming into this kicker at the end really hot so I was going to follow suit and launch it right behind him, but he had second thoughts and locked up the rear, front going sideways and then catapulted about 6 feet in the air over the bars...too soon for me to let off so I land just short enough to hit the binders and unclip off bike as he was getting his bearings on the ground...NOTHING SHORT OF A SPECTACULAR wipeout..luckily just some blood and gore and no broken bones...bars bent.

Followed Rob, Francois and this youngster on a SS on back loop...resulting in a PR for this loop.  Great ride...on a high...picked up some marinated beef kabobs and juuust finishing these up as i type my last couple of words.

Plan...give Tommy a tour of the local trail this wknd...should be killah

No comments:

Post a Comment