Thursday, August 23, 2012

Durham a.k.a..hang the Faaaaack ON by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Durham a.k.a..hang the Faaaaack ON by ripnriding at Garmin Connect - Details

Tired...comments tommorow

Tomorrow is here...got home at 1 in the morning from an absolute hammer fest (stats don't lie with avg HR at 84% for over 2 hrs!!!!!) at Durham forest yesterday with a motley crue consisting of Tommy H, Dave E, Jay to the Izzo, Mark P, and Chris B. I arrived right at the cut off of 6 pm for the gathering...quickly got my sheeeeit together and it was like a shotgun sounded the start....pace was quick from the get go..we lost one guy, Mike P, as the pace was too much. Now...this is when I have to ask myself...do I really enjoy this kind of riding......I do like the fast decents, no question...LOVE 'em...the climbs are nice with just under a kilometer of elevation gained, but the hammer till ya can't hammer anymore??? It must be good for ya, but do have to admit hanging on the wheel of one of these members was probably when I really started to enjoy the ride most.

Whistler countdown begins. Lots of planning is starting to happen now with emails whizzing left right and centre...I on the other hand...am just going to chill and enjoy the family, get some quality bonding time with my sis and nephews...let's get this wknd started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment