Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reflection on 2012

Hmmm strange that I'm choosing to write and not have a ride to work around. Time to take a gut check on why I like to throw a leg over a bike so consistently and feel kinda like a junky when I don't get my "fix". I watched the movie, "Running with Demons"...as I was watching it...I realized...hmmm that's not me....not drinking enough to be a concern...not venturing out into other know territories as well ;) I did have to pause the vid to get a run in juuuuust as mutha nature decided to unleash it's summer rain fury...beaty 6 k run done and continued on to watch the end of this. My consensus of this movie.....too much!

So...the answer used to be "are you running TO or are you running AWAY". I think this may have been planted during a reading of Good to Great or some other reading phase I've recently been in. Answer today.....no longer running man, just in the now ;) What I'm doing here is trying to pin down the fact, as to WHY I'm NOT gunning for a race and trying to "train" for each opportunity..I blame that damn change in occupation and the purchase of a KOBO. Not to say I wasn't happy in my previous role with Movewell, this was what I could consider the PERFECT role...It was just best to choose another direction for many reasons. In Reading between the lines....not so frustrated and have gained some interesting perspective on mindfullness and awareness.

So just when I think the competitive desire was done for season..I chose to get together on the local MTB Kingston ride. The zest to compete was resurged when I tried to "hang" with Rob Sangers...man..this guy has an overdrive that essentially made him a blur then absent during the second part of this ride...this has established that yup...looking forward to CRUSHING my last years time at Pauls...I think I was 4 hours and seconds....this being said...if I don't get under 4 hrs...I will sell my mountain bike.

So...plan...bring road bike to cottage with the good Dr F-bomb and hammer out a 100 k on sunday morning...oh yeah..gonna check out Shaun Weima's band, Ianspotting sat night in Smiths falls. Man...I'm feeling like a chick bloggin in a journal in this....oh yeah, I forgot to indicate...alone as wife and kids are en route to NB..this explains it allllllllll ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment