Friday, August 17, 2012

And I'll Huff and I'll Huff and I'll BLOWWWW yer house down

Woke up to a windy fury and the heavens unleashing some moisture this morning. Scheduled early a.m. run was noted to be *ahem* cancelled due to a partner being a bit of a turkey last night at the pub. Made the right call last night, coming directly home from a 13 hour day and chillin'. So, options quickly led to punching in to gym for a good ole school spin class.

got there 30 min prior to warm-up pre-class. Always feel a little strange in these environments as I am not much of a social animal and always battle with the dissonance of "why am I doing this inside when I have 2 perfectly good and ready bikes to ride outside"...riiiight...rain...and wind..ok..this is a good idea.

Solid session of inhaling and exhaling at various rates. Was nice to feel the quads burn slightly...really looking forward to riding this weekend with Tommy, Fil and Crew as a result ;) The ole Polar came with...let's see if it behaved:

1 hr 21 min
870 cal...i love this stat...40% from fat...like it knows!!?!?!?
Max HR - 176 or 94%
avg HR - 137 or 73%
Zones - light: 39 min; Moderate: 13; Heavy 28 min

So as I sit here about to get prepped for rest of day I have to ask myself...why not 100% max...I know the answer...in order for me to get to this "stat" or level....it is generally followed by a very forceful exhale and an extremely loud YeeeeEEEEEOOOOH!!! This......is probably going to be frowned upon in a spin class, however.....bringing a fellow cycling buddy.....this may happen out of habit :)

So plan...Ride Saturday in Collins Bay...Ride Sunday at the Farm, which reminds me I need to post this ride on FB for the fast crew. Tommy H coming to play and wife and kids coming home...this is going to be a great wknd..

No comments:

Post a Comment