Friday, August 7, 2020

11 days post injury..

 Interesting day..up at the crack of dawn to head to TMH to have an Xray done and a consult with a peep I have utmost respect for.  He's the kind of guy that for one, excels in his craft, and secondly doesn't sugar coat his findings.  Xray was remarkable LOL...apparently I'm doing a'ight for a guy my age and the OA doesn't seem to be settling in.  The orthopedic testing was another thing.

F bomb found some open end feel in the LCL...this is becoming consistent.  Also some compromise of the ACL and notable tenderness in the medial meniscus.  So...expedited MRI to come.  Thank you Sir!

Enough was enough and once I got back home decided I would try to get on the MTB and do a back pedal with brace cranked on to gauge from last time I tried....interesting....better....So, I decided to just do a little pedal around the cul de sac and to the end of road...was a little sore but felt like I achieve something today.

After a bit, i decided I'd fill up the cryokuff with water and ice and head back out to get a few more loops in.  When it was all said and done, I managed around 10 minutes of active range of motion on the MTB and it both humbled me and excited me that I saw some momentuum.

Also interesting to note..my brace still had the original 10-20 degree extension stops from when I first got them..those came out.  Now it feels more natural to walk in the bloody things.  Also I will be able to increase end range extension during gait.  Bought a can for the weekend at the cottage more as a safety than anything.

Beers, Boat and some sun for the weekend and not going to feel to guilty about packing on a few pounds.  August is all about rehab'ing this bloody thing.  Pretty hard to gain in fitness at this point...it's pretty much GONE!


"stats" https://www.strava.com/activities/3879226809


No comments:

Post a Comment