Saturday, August 15, 2020

Captains Log....August 15th, 2020...MRI results back and could be perceived as NASTY...



Yesterday was a turning point with regards to information.  I was sitting in a golf cart 10 min away from teeing off to support TMH foundation at Oak Hills golf resort when Natasha (AT from KATC) gave me a call to tell me she had the MRI results.  Perfect timing as I had attempted to call my GP to see if they had received a couple times on my way to course but....they close during lunch and close at 3pm...both times i attempted LOL.

Natasha had some somber news for me.  She stared with the LCL and I immediately said, "that's GREAT news", but she said hang on....there's more and you aren't going to be so happy about it..:

-Full thickness partial tear of LCL-YES NOT COMPLETE exhale

-COMPLETE full thickness tear of ACL -ok...I can live with that

-complex bucket handle tear of medial meniscus with a piece actually dislodged..-Ok that's worthy of a FUCK comment....

-and something about a micro fracture from compression...hmmm

So...just to put it out there..time to vent a bit...my visit to my GP had me consult with NCP who essentially provided me with two options..referral for a CT or fracture clinic.  I chose fracture clinic and then took it into my "own hands" to explore another option.  The other option led me to a repeat xray the day after the GP consult and a referral for MRI (buddy...if you happen to read this..you the man) which happened early the following week.  I still haven't received a call for fracture clinic if followed the process set out by GP...humph..there vented and let it go

So, my plan for golfing quickly was adjusted.  Decided I would be the master of the SHORT game and layed off of the tee box for most of the 18 holes.  Had a couple jabs and clunks walking on and off the undulating terrain to get access to the greens for putting put chalked it up to rehab time :)  By the end of the round I managed to stabilize (with brace) to get a few decent drives in too...success.

So what next...well woke up this morning and suited up for a mellow low load good cadence spin on the trusty Rocky around the hood and ventured onto some gravel at Lemoines point.  Put some good flavours in the ear compliments of Sirius Octane channel and onward and upwards!

https://www.strava.com/activities/3916593041

Call GP monday to ask for ortho consult and stay the pace with daily spinning.  The main concern is the meniscus....need that sucker to scar down and hopefully avoid a scope but this will all depend on the next couple of weeks.  Let's fortune tell here....fast forward to ortho consult...I envision consult to go like this:

Ortho: MRI looks interesting...how are you doing

ME: self managing without meds except 20 mg of CBD and daily progressive strengthening

Ortho: are you having any locking or giving way?

ME: NO...I wear a CTI for ambulation outside of the house and my extension is coming (would like to have full)but seems to be a little limited

Ortho: ok...let's give it "? insert amount of time" and lets meet again to see what we need to do


Let's see how close my forecast is to reality......

No comments:

Post a Comment