Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Feeling ilke a caged ANIMAL

The weather turned out freakishly bad last monday which was scheduled to be the LAST ride pre SC trip. As such, I've just been procrastinating packing and.....we leave tomorrow. It's not like I'm prepping for a 24 hour SOLO. We are driving and staying in a house. Daily rides enable LOTS of time to prep and tinker in between.

So, had the new casette put on the road bike two nights ago and decided to run through the gears with the bike on the stand.....quickly found this was not working out too well...probably from the fact I ORDERED A 9 SPD VS A 10 SPD CASETTE!!!! Panicking aside, TI cycle's Marck Dwyer came to my rescue and lent me a 13-26 Record casette. Super nice and above the call of duty. These guys are true cyclists. His coworker just got back from SC, stayed at Table rock and couldn't say enough about the roads, expecially the SIDE roads there.

Plan....pack tonight and try and sleep....pumped. Pre-trip massage scheduled at the end of my work day (which I have shortened) to enable a quick getaway with Fil by 1 pm tomorrow.

Blog entries from here on in will be full of pics and DATA baby

No comments:

Post a Comment