Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19th Marked as First Road Ride

I can\t stop grinning. Fil sent me a text yesterday to set up our first road ride of the season. It's been a long...I MEAN LOOOOong winter in the garage/basement and was really looking forward to that first test of true fitness. Shawn also bit the bullet and joined us on his retro Eddie Bauer Tri bike. I can't say enough...HOW HAPPY i am about my pre season fitness. We had some fun letting the bike rock and roll underneath us for a mellow 50 k. I could have ridden waaaay longer but it was just enough for first outing. Stats were good as well...kept avg HR below threshold so it was a true aerobic workout.

As I'm flying solo with my youngest, oldest daughter having a weekend with mom and friends in TO at a princess party/shopping trip...Emms also decided to POWER nap for almost 4 hours in the car after picking her up from Gram and Gramps house (for ride). Off to TI cycle to pick up my MT rear wheel that was dished off the charts (now rock solid) and back to the G Aaaaaa Rage to tinker. New cassette put on the road bike for climbing and Mountain bike final preps as well. Hope to spin on the mountain tomorrow...weather dependant and Fil, shawn and I are going to rip some hill intervals on Monday.

SC baby...SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment