Friday, May 27, 2011

Kinda silly

This blog has been used as a method to stoke the fires in an effort to prep for each season's Mountain Bike events. This was expected to be a big year for 8 hour and 24 hour showings..oh well, time to "re-evaluate" goals and whether it is even worth keeping track of progress..whatever...I've invested too many keystrokes to end this now. As I was driving back from Bancroft today I started to que in....there seems to be a few bikes on the roofs of cars heading West....I tried to pretend I didn't know where they were going..........................I won't be :( Oh well it is what it issss

So...current snapshot. A 3 pound....yes....3 pound weight was a freakin challenge to perform 30 reps of shoulder flexion to 90 degrees and abduction. Range of motion seems to be plateuing with some end range tightness and continued tenderness with palpation at AC joint..to be expected. At the critical point right now...was doing some "girl pushups today" when I had to remind myself that this is still 3 weeks post injury...relax man...relax.

Feeling good enough to now commit to some road riding beginning next week. This will be a freakin mental test as my riding buddy Fil just bought a macked out Cervelo R3, full dura-ace and is just aching to rip my legs off.....looking forward to making him humble :)))))

Cottage this weekend and some jogging to keep the mind and body in check. Will keep reinforcing the fact that I will not mountain bike until I can do 20 "proper" push ups and front and side planks...because falling off the bike DOES come with the territory..

No comments:

Post a Comment