Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Run? Why not......

Today was a solid prep day getting some vital prep work done for the epic meet and greet I have planned for work. Had a successful meeting with a local contact as well...enough about work ;) As the afternoon was winding down, I also noted that my shoulder no longer "aches, catches or even PINCHES" when I was moving it...just....stiff. This was such a freakin good feelin just over 2 weeks in that my brain was going crazy. Funny how training buddies can tap into this energy even when they aren't in the same town. I donned some cheesy running gear and plugged into the BB to get my run on when I get a call from Fil....it's like he could sense it hahahaha. Some discussion about riding tomorrow and this weekend sounded like a good idea before the run and further fueled my desire to test out one of mans basic means of exercise.

I began with my usual....shuffle...can't really call it a run or a jog for that matter, but moving forward none the less. At my usual turnaround spot to make a 5 k loop..something came over me....truly from lack of longer bouts of sustained exercise, I kept on going...right on through Lemoines point.

My little fitness doodad on my phone kept telling me the km as i was knocking them off.....4......5......6.....and then the shoulder was telling me to behave..I guess the repetitive bouncing errrr shuffling and oscillating was enough for a test. Nonetheless, continued walking for an end range of 9 plus km..not bad. Good to blow out the pipes and think of some work strategies for remainder of week...there I am bringing work into the equation again....

Plan WAS to hook up with Fil and shaun for a road bike tomorrow...choosing the wise path and abstain...ALSO choosing NOT to ride to the cottage via road bike with Fil...Actually booked a physio appt to get another practitioner's opinion/feel of the situation....got to use up that coverage before it kicks in again in JUNE!!!!

I think it may be an Advil and hydration kind of night. Will behave for remainder of week....get another run in or two and begin riding the mountain bike this weekend I think.. As it stands......racing is not entirely out of the equation this year..it is for June...July on is another story....wakeboarding is taking a new focus....

No comments:

Post a Comment