Monday, July 18, 2011

AAAaaa 3 hour tour.....and a bit

It happened. 3:30 mtg of minds. I needed to get a solid 3 hour ride in today to prep for this wknd. Loaded up the camel back and 3 hour bottle of Perpetuum and off I went to meet Fil and Shaun at the trail. Decided it would be best to ride TO trail to also enable a ride Back..ensured at least 30 k. Turned out to be a good move for a couple reasons....1...I got there 20 min early (as I usually do) and decided NOT to go into trail and do hill repeats as I did ooohhhhh about 8 or 9 wks ago resulting in a separated AC...no need to repeat history. What I did find was a nice little 500 m hill to do repeats on (6 to be exact) with a slope that was decent enough to get almost 60 k an hour on the decent.

The boys showed up just as I was about to turn for my 7th repeat. Then it happened...the evil flying swarm of deer flies...now answer me this...I think they can sense annoyance...I wasn't really that annoyed as I wasn't getting bit, however Fil seems to be deer fly BAIT. Shaun also had a good swarm around his as well. They go so bad that Fil became evil and had to exit the trail....he thought he was going the right way.....I let him attempt his exit....then, my internal compass kicked in and we got out to battersea road which meant a nice little road loop to unity and back....I had no complaints as this was saddle time nonetheless.

Unfortunately the deer flies got the best of my riding companions, Shaun may not have a bladder after his collision course with his stem, but I managed to get a good 50 k in just 3 plus hours in....dinner, small glass o vino and get ready for a travel day tomorrow. Stats:

Timex:3 hour 10 min
In zone 39 min; avg HR 135 bpm; max 171 bpm
2300 Calories

Polar: 54.9 k
Avg spd 17.3; max 56.3

Oh yeah...did I mention it was bloody hot and the last 13 k back was in a beautiful warm and wet rain storm. Will power wash the bike (whatever you bearing nazis) and prep it up for the wknd.

Plan....just chill, hydrate and eat proper...and finish this glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment