Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflection time

My hopes for 2011 have been altered...my focus is beginning to become fine tuned, however to greater expectations in the events I've chosen to participate in this year. Seeing the results of the "under 40 solo category" from Summer Solstice has definitely fueled my fire for this years HANSOLO. Hardwood Summer 8 is where I hope to really unleash. Wife and kids will be coming to this event as well so, it should be a great event regardless, BUT, being able to hammer the 8 instead of ride the 8 is my plan. The 24 hour will just be a great way to reflect on the year and future...plan 15 laps!!!!

Riding Durham with the boys tonight will be a true test to measure my post injury fitness...it's coming back as judged by monday's ride with Fil....slowly...but coming back. What I haven't lost....is the ability to ride for 2-3 plus hours...weird..need to get my road bike back from the shop. Will pop in today and if they are unable to put on the Fulcrum wheelset...oh well...think of investing in a full carbon rig for next season ;)

Body is a bit beat up today from wakeboarding multiple sessions on long weekend (back, left adductors) and right shoulder from what I though was a "non-eventful" fall on monday...apparently, the shoulder thought otherwise....Oh well, coffee, advil and a good rip tonight should set all in order...may resort to some perpetuum caffe latte tonight though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment